Taxi Productions, Inc. –Inglewood, California is seeking a strong contemporary Program Director and leader for KJLH Radio 102.3 FM Radio Free. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strategic programming experience, digital experience and have a full understanding of what it takes to compete and generate revenue while keeping a strong commitment of providing local compelling content. The Program Director is responsible for implementing the Radio Free Branded experience – from music selection, to the on air sound and the content on line and cross platforms. The Program Director is expected to make the stations look and sound great, grow audiences, assist sales in hitting their targets, meet both broadcast and digital audience goals as set forth by the company / owner. KJLH is a multimedia company sharing the best R & B music, oldies and currents while introducing new artists and music. We remain on top of current topics that impact our community of listeners in our award winning talk show and the best in contemporary Gospel and Christian music across all of our platforms. Whether it’s on our app, on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, KJLH is the source for the diverse artistic taste of the African American consumer. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Inglewood, CA. Taxi Productions Inc is a single Class A, Independent owned and operated outlet super serving the Los Angeles, Compton and Long Beach communities of color for fifty five years and counting … still going strong.
We are live on air, on line and on site within our communities of service.
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Working with Sales, Marketing and Promotions to create and program brand-appropriate content to drive digital audience and listener engagement.
- Working with on air talent and related staff to expand their show digitally and socially.
- Finding innovative ways to use our digital properties to grow terrestrial ratings.
- Analysis of digital metrics and diagnostics to shape strategy.
- Strategize the most effective use of on-air inventory to grow digital audience.
- Working closely with Integrated Sales to find on-brand ways to monetize our digital audiences.
- Developing and execution of social media strategy.
- Working with sales to implement sales packages and oversee digital elements across our brands and be able to quantify displays on our sites.
- Review and approve all commercial and paid programming content.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with record labels, producers, artist managers, composers, and other industry contacts.
- Schedule station music to ensure music remains consistent with station’s Radio Free brand
- Direct and monitor station programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state and local laws
- An abundance of Creativity
- Innate leadership skills
- Excellent Coaching skills to train, develop, and inspire your staff to achieve their greatest potential
Requirements of this position include:
- A minimum of 10+ years professional experience in radio
- Experience working within RCS G Selector Music Scheduling and Zetta Radio Automation Software system.
- Must be an idea factory, always coming up with new ways to keep content fresh.
- Strong knowledge of urban culture, R & B music and current events.
- Must be highly organized with very strong communication skills.
- The ability to work quickly and shift gears on a dime to capitalize on web traffic and tune in opportunities.
- The ability to work night and weekend hours to cover breaking news and station events to capitalize on web traffic opportunities.
- The ability to utilize both problem solving and creative thinking skills to determine solutions for sales initiative within programmatic strategy.
- Must be a self-starter who excels at working independently, with a proven track record of independent judgment and decision making.
- Strong background and fluency in social networking and online marketing a must.
- Willing to multi-task and work beyond the job description, including off hours when applicable.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements plus have the following:
- Previous broadcast experience in market.
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo in YouTube and provide the link.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving entity submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Taxi Productions Inc. dba KJLH is an equal opportunity employer and candidates backgrounds will be verified before hiring process is completed.