Sponsored by Supervisor Mark Ridley Thomas, The Independent Professionals Association at IndyWork.Org, The City of Los Angeles, and Council President Emeritus Herb Wesson Jr.
Saturdays from 8am-10AM Dominique DiPrima hosts a special Front Page Town Hall Edition live…with expert guests and open phones to keep you up to date with latest News and Information.
TUNE IN SATURDAY AT 8AM FOR THIS WEEK:
Census 2020 Now or Never: What’s Next and Why You Should Care
LA County General Help/Info Line
Offers information on food, testing, senior help and other support services available during the Corona Virus Pandemic WWW.CRS
L.A. County COVID-19 Disaster Help Center:
Phone: (833) 238-4450 (weekd
Offers resource counseling for small businesses and individuals. Offers referrals for resources and services.
Open only to residents of the City of Los Angeles who are 60 or older — call 213-263-5226 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. starting Thursday https://aging.
Community Response System of South Los Angeles:
Free case management training
The Community Response System of South Los Angeles is offering free case management training for agency and school representatives wanting to enhance their skills in making family care calls to engage students in their at-home learning. Participants will receive recommended case management procedures, a sample script, intake and tracking forms, and a family resource directory for the South LA area. Four dates are available on Aug 4, 11 and 18, and Sep 1. RSVP and receive the Zoom logins at www.crssla.org/events. See flyer attached.
Temporary job openings
Thirty part-time positions paying $15/hour are available at USC. The entry-level jobs helping monitor COVID-19 safety compliance will run through December. Info here.
Grant program for women-owned businesses
VISA has a partnership with IFundWomen to provide grants and coaching. Apply here through July 31, 2020.
Business microloan program
The FAST Microloan program with Citizens Business Bank is awarding up to $10,000 to help sustain small businesses. Contact the Business Financial Center near you. Available for a limited time. Visit www.cbbank.com.
Nonprofit technical assistance
Capacity-building consultation is available for community agencies that serve justice-involved and at-risk youth and those impacted by trauma and violence. Request assistance here. Services offered through the LA County Department of Public Health.
A hotline is available for answers to landlord-tenant issues, particularly related to COVID-19. The hotline is available M-F 8:30am to 4:30pm, and Sat/Sun 10am to 3pm at (866) 557-7368. Click here for more information.
Mental health support
Check out Headspace, a free mindfulness app. Also contact the Mental Health Crisis Hotline at (800) 854-7771 or text “LA” to 741741.
Register by August 5 to use USC student volunteers for Friends and Neighbors Day for virtual service opportunities. Please fill out form to participate. This happens monthly so you can also sign up as a Trojan Serve partner to have your events listed
Jobs City Resources:
Work Source: ewddlacity.com
Assembly Member Sydney Kamlager-Dove
Resources for Artists:
Long Beach Self-Quarantine Older Adults Info Line:
(Mon-Fri, 8:30A-5:00P): (562)570-4636, Option #5
Free Same Day or Next Day Testing for Anyone in L.A. County with Symptoms
ope Valley Mall (1233 Rancho Vista Blvd., Palmdale, CA 91768)
- Pomona Fairplex (Gate 17 – W. McKinley/Fairpl
- South Bay Galleria (1815 Hawthorne Blvd., Redondo Beach, CA 90278)
- Carbon Health – Echo Park – Walk-Up Only (2110 Sunset Blvd., Suite M, Los Angeles, CA 90026)
- Crenshaw Christian Center (7901 S. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90044)
- Glendale Memorial Hospital (222 W. Eulalia St., Glendale, CA 91204)
- Hansen Dam Recreational Center (entranc
e on Osborne St., 11798 Foothill Blvd., Lake View Terrace, CA 91342)
- High Desert Medical Group (43839 15th St. W., Lancaster, CA 93534
- Hotchkin Memorial Training Center (1700 Stadium Way, Los Angeles, CA 90012)
- VA Parking Lot 15 (at corner of Constitution and Davis, 100 Constitution Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90095
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center (18460 Roscoe Blvd., Northridge, CA 91325 (enter on Reseda Blvd.)
- Lincoln Park (3501 Valley Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90095)
- AltaMed Medical and Dental Group — Commerce, Goodrich (972 Goodrich Blvd., Commerce, CA 90022)
- AltaMed Medical Group — Pico Rivera, Passons (6336 Passons Blvd., Pico Rivera, CA 90660)
- AltaMed Medical and Dental Group — South Gate (8627 Atlantic Ave., South Gate, CA 90280)
- Long Beach City College (1305 E. Pacific Coast Hwy., Long Beach, CA 90806)
- AltaMed Medical and Dental Group — West Covina (1300 S. Sunset Ave., West Covina, CA 91790)
- Charles R. Drew Campus (1731 E 120th St. Los Angeles, CA 90059)
- Santa Clarita Testing Site (26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd., Santa Clarita, CA 91355)
- Pasadena Testing Site (1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena, CA 91103)
- East LA College (1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez, Monterey Park, CA 91754 – b/w Floral & Cesar Chavez)
- Avors Medical Group (42135 10th St W ste 101, Lancaster, CA 93534)
- Warner Center (6097 Canoga Ave., Woodland Hills, CA 91367)
nai Medical Center (8730 Alden Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90059)
- Kedren Community Health Center – Walk Up Only (4211 Avalon, Los Angeles, CA 90011)
- Altamed Medical Group (2040 Camfield Avenue, Los Angeles, Ca 90040)
r Civic Center (16600 Civic Center Drive, Bellflower)
- The Forum (3900 W Manchester Blvd, Inglewood)
- El Monte – San Gabriel Valley Airport (4233 Santa Anita Ave, El Monte)
- AltaMed Evaluation and Testing Site – Pennsylvania (1
724 Pennsylvania Ave., Los Angeles, 90033)